Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tri Delta Talks - Meredith Murray

Our second officer interview this year was with Meredith Murray, our Vice President of Administration! Check out what she is looking forward to this year and learn about her favorite Tri Delta events:

Vice President of Administration

Full name, major, hometown and pledge class? Meredith Murray, Advertising major with a minor in History from Greensboro, N.C. Fall pledge class of 2011.
What are you most looking forward to about the VP-A position this year? This year as VP-A I am excited to gain more responsibility within the chapter, to have a closer relationship with nationals, as well as having the opportunity to further my organizational and leadership skills!
What do you think will be your biggest challenge as VP-A this year? My biggest challenge this year will be taking on a larger role within the sorority as an authority figure while maintaining the great relationships I've already made. 
Favorite memory so far of your time in Tri Delta? While I have more memories within this sorority than I could ever write down, one of my favorite parts about being a member of Tri Delta is living in the house with so many of my close friends. 
Meredith interned abroad last summer
in Dublin, Ireland!

What else would you love to do if you weren't going into marketing? I could see myself working with a nonprofit or being a special education teacher.
What's your favorite form of social media? Instagram or Twitter; it's where I can stay up to date with news sources and friends or stay updated with the traveling and experiences of friends or companies.  
UNC Football or UNC Basketball season? UNC Basketball and UNC Football! I am not sure I could ever choose. Nothing like a Saturday morning or afternoon tailgate in Chapel Hill and there is nothing better than throwing on my own basketball jersey to root for the heels. 
Favorite philanthropy event and why? I really love Frats at Bat! It raises money for a great cause (St. Jude Children's Research Hospital!) and it is a lot of fun to coach your friends in different fraternities and watch them compete. 
If Tri Delta could go anywhere in the world for formal, where would you choose and why? I’d choose either a big city or a tropical destination. Any cities or resorts within those categories would be tons of fun. 
What advice would you give to Potential New Member on her first day of recruitment? The best advice any Potential New Member could get is to have fun and be themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment