Monday, December 30, 2013

Tri Delta Talks - Alissa Browder

In order for everyone to get to know our officers better, UNC Tri Delta will be posting short interviews with our new President and Vice Presidents for 2014. First up is Alissa Browder, our new President!

President

Full name, major, hometown, pledge class? 
Alissa Dean Browder, Elementary Education major from Winston-Salem, NC. Fall 2011 pledge class.
What are you most looking forward to as President next year?
I am looking forward to developing stronger relationships with members in other pledge classes. 
What do you think will be your biggest challenge as President?
It will be difficult, and likely impossible, to try to please everyone.
Ideally, what grade would you like to teach and why?
I’d like to teach second grade because that’s what grade I was in when I decided I wanted to be a teacher!



What else would you be if you weren't going to be a teacher?
I’ve always had a secret dream of being a sideline sportscaster. I'm thinking Erin Andrews - “Coach Fedora, your team seemed to be falling behind on the defensive side of the ball. How are you going to address this during halftime?” 
What similarities do you think there will be between being a teacher and being President of Tri Delta?
They both will require a LOT of patience and compassion!
Favorite memory of your time in Tri Delta so far?
Alissa with our House Mom, Marilyn, on Bid Day!
I have loved participating in Greek Groove the past two years! I’ve gotten to know some members that I otherwise may not have developed friendships with. It was also a personal challenge to see if I could learn and remember choreography —and is great exercise!
Favorite round of recruitment and why?
House Tours - Who doesn’t love cookie dough on a spoon?
What 3 things would you take with you on a deserted island?
1. Tri Delta's wonderful chefs Javier and/or Armando 2. Vaseline 3. My stuffed animal Simba.
What celebrity would you pick to be the next President of Tri Delta and why?
Jennifer Lawrence, because she's confident and hilarious. I love that she doesn't take herself too seriously but is so great at her job.
Do you plan on being connected to Tri Delta after you graduate?
ABSOLUTELY! Tri Delta hosted its first annual Alumni Cocktail this past spring (Thanks to past President, Austin White, for spearheading this) and it was an awesome event! We’re hoping to grow this event each year and I am going to love coming back for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment